Hide field on grid edit based on a value

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
josejad
User

Hide field on grid edit based on a value

Post by josejad »

Hi:

I'm trying in a master/detail grid-edit or grid-add to hide fields in a card, if I choose a value in a select. (url PartesDiariosList?action=gridedit)
I have this code in Client-side events of the field, in order I got it in every row of the grid (v2024)

{ // keys = event types, values = handler functions
	"change": function(e) {
		// Your code
		;
		switch ($(this).val()) {
        case "U": 
        console.log('fired')
            $("#r_proyecto").hide();
            break;
        default:
            $("#r_proyecto").show();
            break;
    }
	}
}

But nothing happens. I'm trying to inspect the code to get the appropriate element to hide, but I can't find it (r_proyecto doesn't exist, I've tried with o_proyecto too)

This is the source code of one card:

<div class="row partes_diarios_observaciones">
            <label class="col-sm-2 col-form-label ew-label">Observaciones</label>
            <div class="col-sm-10"><div>
<input type="text" name="x3_observaciones" id="x3_observaciones" data-table="partes_diarios" data-field="x_observaciones" value="" size="30" maxlength="255" placeholder="Observaciones" data-format-pattern="" class="form-control">
<div class="invalid-feedback"></div>
<input type="hidden" data-table="partes_diarios" data-field="x_observaciones" data-hidden="1" data-old name="o3_observaciones" id="o3_observaciones" value="">
</div></div>
        </div>

Thanks in advance

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

You better use .fields() plugin. There is no "#r_xxx" in Grid page.

josejad
User

Post by josejad »

Thanks for the answer:

Following the examples, this code changes the value to "yyy" or "zzz", but not hide the field. :-(

if (this.value == "U") {
            $(this).fields("observaciones").value("yyy"); // Set value to FieldA
            $(this).fields("observaciones").visible(false); // true to show, false to hide
        } else {
            $(this).fields("observaciones").value("zzz"); // Set value to FieldB
        }
    }
}

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

There is no this.value if the field is a selection list.

josejad
User

Post by josejad »

Do you mean this.value == "U"?
The if is working and the code enters in the if part. A console.log(this.value) returns U

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

josejad wrote:

if I choose a value in a select...

What is the Edit Tag of the field? If it is "SELECT", there is no this.value, you should use $(this).val(). If this.value has value, then it is not "SELECT", and your code will work, partially. You need to use .visible(true) to unhide the field.

Also press F12 in your browser and go the Console panel to check for JavaScript errors, make sure $(this).fields("observaciones") has value.

josejad
User

Post by josejad »

Yes, it's a SELECT.
With this code, I get no errors in console. Both this.value and $(this).val() shows "U" in console.
The values in observaciones change to "Changed to U" and "changed to another one", but always visible

console.log(this.value);
        console.log($(this).val());
        if ($(this).val() == "U") {
            $(this).fields("observaciones").visible(false); // true to show, false to hide
            $(this).fields("observaciones").value('changed to U');
        } else {
            $(this).fields("observaciones").visible(true); // Set value to FieldB
            $(this).fields("observaciones").value('changed to another one');
        }
    }
}

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

You may right click and inspect the HTML element for the field "observaciones" in your browser, post the actual HTML for discussion.

josejad
User

Post by josejad »

If I'm not wrong, is the one on my first post

<div class="row partes_diarios_observaciones">
            <label class="col-sm-2 col-form-label ew-label">Observaciones</label>
            <div class="col-sm-10"><div>
<input type="text" name="x1_observaciones" id="x1_observaciones" data-table="partes_diarios" data-field="x_observaciones" value="4 extras" size="30" maxlength="255" placeholder="Observaciones" data-format-pattern="" class="form-control">
<div class="invalid-feedback"></div>
</div></div>
</div>

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

It seems that you are using Multi-Column with Grid-Edit, then you cannot use .visible(). You need to hide the field with correct code, try modify your code. You may want to see jQuery's doc on .closest() and .hide/show/toggle().

josejad
User

Post by josejad »

Thanks. Solved with this code:

// find the container to 'observaciones'
        var $fieldRow = $(this).closest(".card-body").find(".row.partes_diarios_observaciones");
        console.log($fieldRow); 
        if ($(this).val() == "U") {
            $fieldRow.hide();
            $(this).fields("observaciones").value('changed to U');
        } else {
            $fieldRow.show();
            $(this).fields("observaciones").value('changed to another one');
        }
    }
}

philip8922
User