hashed password true user cannot log in

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
lissa
User

hashed password true user cannot log in

Post by lissa »

hi,
on the login page, I created a new user with the hashed password condition being false, and the user logged in successfully.

The second try I tried changing the hashed password to true and I changed the user's login password in administrator, and the password was correctly encrypted, but the user couldn't log in.
database using MariaDB "utf8mb4_general_ci"
Can you help me

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

lissa wrote:

The second try I tried changing the hashed password to true...

After change make sure you have generated all scripts and uploaded again. The user should also logout first and then login again.

lissa
User

Post by lissa »

Yes, I have done what you suggested, regenerating all scripts and logging out all users. but still can't log in, I checked the password in the database which has been encrypted

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

Double check if you have enabled the following settings:

Make sure the above settings are set as what you need, then generate all scripts again, reset the password and try again.

lissa
User

Post by lissa »

Solved, advanced settings - use password hash value I changed to false
Thank You

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

You better set the advanced setting to true and reset the password and try again. md5 is out-dated and should not be used anymore.

lissa
User

Post by lissa »

I tried what you suggested.
and activate advanced settings - use password hash value is true. I changed my password and logged out but can't log in again?
The hashed password setting in the user login options value is true.
Is there anything I missed?

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

1. You need to reset the password after enabling the advanced setting or the old passwords are still hashed by md5.
  2. Make sure you use "utf-8" as your project charset since your database uses utf8bm4.
  3. Make sure the table and field are also using the same utf8bm4 charset and collation (do not use utf8mb4_bin).
  4. Make sure you have generated the src/config.php and uploaded again to your server.
  5. You may upload a script (see password_hash() and password_verify()) to test if password hashing is working correctly on your server.