Incorrect Date on Lookup Table

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
Trosmada
User

Incorrect Date on Lookup Table

Post by Trosmada »

Dear friends,

I have tables :

1. treatdetail, with fields:
    wh_code, inv_code, exp_date
  2. (from view) expinventory, with fields:
    wh_code, inv_code, exp_date, quantity

from treatdetail->exp_date, lookup to lookup table expinventory (link field is exp_date)
parent field #1 wh_code
parent field #2 inv_code

But when it runs, it appear error warning (even though we can continue), the error is as below:
...vendor\doctrine\dbal\src\Driver\API\MySQL\ExceptionConverter.php(117): An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1525 Incorrect DATE value: '108305'

(please note that the value of DATE value in error message keep on changing).

Last month -- it works well - without above error. (this program is still in trial phase, I just revisit this again this month)
I don't know how to fix it.

I am using WAMPSERVER 3.3.5
MySQL 8.3.0

Kindly share what to do. Thanks in advanced

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

Note that when your parent fields have no values, a random number will be used as the link field value so the lookup for the child field will return no values. However, for DATE data type, a random number is not a correct value, hence the error. If possible, avoid using DATE or DATETIME type as link field (they may not be unique). If you need to, you may try TIMESTAMP.

Trosmada
User

Post by Trosmada »

Thanks.

I just found the problem.
Why last month I said that it works well. I realized that I change the database from MariaDB to MySql. Then I change the collation from utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci to utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci, other things just works well, then when I tried the lookup table (with date as link field) then that error occurs.

I just tried again - back to MariaDB and change the collation to utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci

Then there is no error, everything works well.

Thanks again for your reply. Blessings