Two factor authentication

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
ahmed7
User

Two factor authentication

Post by ahmed7 »

Hello , I use v2024
when enable two factor authentication so I get error (throw new Error("Error: Missing encryption key. Please click Tools -> Advanced Settings and set 'Encryption key'."))
I hope to help me
Thanks

MichaelG
User

Post by MichaelG »

Error: Missing encryption key. Please click Tools -> Advanced Settings and set 'Encryption key'.

The error message means you need to set up Tools -> Advanced Settings -> Encryption key

ahmed7
User

Post by ahmed7 »

I made (encrypted columns) in my database and get certificate file.
but how can use that with the information in (Advanced Settings) which is:
1- Encrypt file path : how and where I use it after enable this option.
2- Encryption User names and passwords: how and where I use it after enable this option.
3- Encryption Key for data protection: with (encrypted columns) there is no key but get certificate file.
I hope to get help please

MichaelG
User

Post by MichaelG »

They are different features:

Encrypt file path : how and where I use it after enable this option.

That means the file path for file upload fields are encrypted so the user cannot the actual file path where the upload file is stored. The encryption key used is a random key generated in the config file.

Encryption User names and passwords: how and where I use it after enable this option.

That means the user names/passwords are encrypted and not stored as plain text. The generated codes should handle the encrypted user names/passwords automatically. The encryption key is used.

Encryption Key for data protection: with (encrypted columns) there is no key but get certificate file.

That means the data is stored encrypted in the database. The encryption key is used to encrypt and decrypt the data.