Set NAS as upload folder

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
iggabz
User

Set NAS as upload folder

Post by iggabz »

Good day,

Sorry for this newb question. how can i set the upload folder to use NAS and my NAS uses login.

Thank you.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

It is not supported, but you may use storage provider like Amazon S3.

iggabz
User

Post by iggabz »

how about using another drive such as D: ??? is it possible?

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

It might work, you may test.

philmills
User

Post by philmills »

Map the NAS to a drive letter, then you should be able to set your upload folder to that drive. As I remember you must also create a subfolder, you can't upload directly to the drive letter.
e.g. P:\MyProject not P:\
Make sure the user credentials have full read/write/delete permissions to that folder

I have a drive mapped from cloud storage in the same way, so i know my generated files are backed up always

See Map a network drive in Windows.

iggabz
User

Post by iggabz »

philmills wrote:

e.g. P:\MyProject not P:\

do i only put path to PHP > General Options > Upload folder and nothing more?

philmills
User

Post by philmills »

Sorry. I misunderstood your requirements

You need to clarify exactly what you're trying to achieve, where it's hosted and who will use the site before your question can be answered.

1. Where is the webserver hosted?
    a) on your pc?
    b) on a webserver on your internal network?
    c) in the internet somwhere?

2. Who will be using it?
    a) only you
    b) other users on your newtwork
    c) internet users

If the answer to both questions is a or b, you should be able to do it, if the answer is c it's likely impossible without exposing your NAS to the internet which is not at all safe. and is very difficult to configure through firewalls etc. Unless you setup VPN tunnel between your internet webserver and your local NAS. Very difficult.