Platform Server

silviogarbes
User

Platform Server

Post by silviogarbes »

I really like PHPMaker. I would like to suggest features (manages the version and upgrade of all systems generated by it) and transforming PHPMaker into something bigger, allowing it to be possible to manage several applications in PHPMaker and when it is necessary to upgrade the PHP version due to EOL, update all applications from just one time.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

+1

In addition, PHPMaker should provide the information about End Of Life (EOL) of its application itself explicitly, as well as PHP provides the EOL of their versions.

Let's say, PHPMaker v2021 is not supported anymore since date of .... so that those who are still using this version cannot be supported anymore since that date, and they are strongly recommended to upgrade to the latest version. This will encourage developers to always use the latest version since that date that already explicitly defined. They will plan how to upgrade to/use the latest version.

amiens80
User

Post by amiens80 »

i like this feature but i remind why i came to phpmaker : keep it simple & quick to build.
What you ask here is what make other tools (like IDE Ms studio visual code kind) too complicate to rapid build something .