Checkbox displaying unwanted data when using lookup table

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
juniorpinto
User

Checkbox displaying unwanted data when using lookup table

Post by juniorpinto »

I'm having a problem.
The subject involves 3 Tables
How I configured:
In Table_2 I configured a field as a checkbox, checked Requires search and Use Lookup table, filled in the Lookup Table fields with data from Table_1 (Table name, Link field and the 4 fields from the Display Fields)...
In Table_3, I configured a field as a checkbox, checked Requires search and Use Lookup table, filled in the Lookup Table fields with data from Table_2 (Table name, Link field and 3 fields from Display Fields).
Problem:
When loading the page / form, the configured checkbox displays all the data configured in the Lookup Table of Table_2 plus the data configured in the Lookup Table of Table_3.

I got around the situation by creating a custom field in Table_2 duplicating the desired field without configuring Lookup Table.

Can someone help me?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

You may post your tables schema (CREATE TABLE ...) including some records example (INSERT INTO ...) so others could reproduce it straightforward.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

juniorpinto wrote:

When loading the page / form, the configured checkbox displays all the data configured in the Lookup Table of Table_2 plus the data configured in the Lookup Table of Table_3.

Loading which page/form of which table?

You may explain in more detail with an example.

juniorpinto
User

Post by juniorpinto »

I create a table TB_Frutas with the columns: Name, Family, Flavor, Color...I create the table TB_Comida with the column Cod and Fruta and configure the Lookup Table to display the fields Name, family and flavor of TB_Frutas...I create the table TB_Pedidos with the Column Item and configure the Lookup Table to display the fields Cod and Fruit of TB_Comida....When I display the TB_Orders(Add, List, Edit) screen in the browser, the Item column is showing Cod, Fruit, Family Name and Flavor.... That is, all the fields that I configured for display in TB_Comida are being propagated to TB_Orders. It was supposed to show only the data stored in the base and not the data configured for display.But I managed to get around this situation by creating a custom field in TB_Comida repeating the data from Cod and then I refer to it. There it is working

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

mobhar wrote:

You may post your tables schema (CREATE TABLE ...) including some records example (INSERT INTO ...) so others could reproduce it straightforward.