Migration error (v2023)

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
crash
User

Migration error (v2023)

Post by crash »

Has anyone started testing aspnetmaker23

I have just tried migrating from 21 to 23 and got the following errors... I don't have any of these names in my my DB or Tables, running SQL express

\Models\Dashboard.cs(524,21): error CS0103: The name 'DisplayGroups' does not exist in the current context
\Models\Dashboard.cs(526,21): error CS0103: The name 'DisplayGroups' does not exist in the current context
\Models\Dashboard.cs(529,17): error CS0103: The name 'StartGroup' does not exist in the current context
\Models\Dashboard.cs(530,37): error CS0103: The name 'StartGroup' does not exist in the current context
\Models\Dashboard.cs(532,17): error CS0103: The name 'DisplayGroups' does not exist in the current context
\Models\Dashboard.cs(534,28): error CS0103: The name 'DisplayGroups' does not exist in the current context

and this error

\Models\src\AutofacModule.cs(53,171): error CS0117: '<DBName>.<TableName>' does not contain a definition for 'NestedType'

Any help?

crash
User

Post by crash »

It seems the errors were caused by my graphs.. I have removed them and now only to find the nesting error

\Models\src\AutofacModule.cs(53,171): error CS0117: '<DBName>.<TableName>' does not contain a definition for 'NestedType'

MichaelG
User

Post by MichaelG »

Enable debug mode (Tools -> Advanced Settings -> Debug) and check your stack traces.

aspsteve
User

Post by aspsteve »

I am getting hte below error after migrating to ASPnetMaker 2023 when I generate

Error: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\xxx\xxx\\wwwroot/css\projecname.scss not found.
Error: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\xxx\xxx\wwwroot/css\tabulator_bootstrap5.scss not found.
Error: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\xxx\xxx\wwwroot/css\query-builder.scss not found.
Error: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\xxx\xxx\wwwroot/css\tempus-dominus.scss not found.
Error: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\xxx\xxx\wwwroot/css\ewpdf.scss not found.

MichaelG
User

Post by MichaelG »

aspsteve wrote:

Error: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\xxx\xxx\\wwwroot/css\projecname.scss not found.

1. If you generate to C drive, make sure you have write permission to your project folder (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\xxx\xxx).
  2. Delete all files in your project folder and generate ALL files again.

crash
User

Post by crash »

crash wrote:

It seems the errors were caused by my graphs.. I have removed them and now only to
find the nesting error

\Models\src\AutofacModule.cs(53,171): error CS0117:
'<DBName>.<TableName>' does not contain a definition for 'NestedType'

Fixed... my table contained the word Members Type... seems this is a protected word. Removed it... works now