Change Font Size

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
mrlux
User

Change Font Size

Post by mrlux »

[HTML] -> [General] -> [Size] not work. (v2023.9)
I not use own user styles.
I choice example theme "Blue" and change font size.
I set both small and large sizes, but after generation, the font size remains unchanged.
What should I enable or disable in order for the styles to apply correctly?
Also incorrectly showing styles in DateTimePicker.
All dates are stretched from top to bottom on the entire page. After press F12 I see font-size: var(--bs-body-font-size) = 16 px.
Why?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Try clear browser cache first, and if necessary, press also Ctrl + F5 to do hard reload/refresh the page.

mrlux
User

Post by mrlux »

I choose only the theme and size of the overall font. In the preview, I see a resize, but after generation, nothing changes and the size remains large by default = 16 px. In Advance Settings -> Disable Project CSS styles set not check.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

mrlux wrote:

I choice example theme "Blue" and change font size.

Did you change the font size from HTML -> General -> Size (rem)? Or did you change from elsewhere?

mrlux
User

Post by mrlux »

I tried different methods. Changed here, but nothing changes.
Where can I change the $font-size-base variable?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

It should work properly, as I changed it by using demo2023 project.

I changed also the Font under HTML -> General. In addition, I changed the Size (rem) from 0,87 to 1,12, re-generate ALL the script files again, and the result is working properly.

Now I see the font increased as expected.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

Make sure:

1. You input the font size in rem, e.g. 0.875, (if your Windows is not English, make sure you input the decimal point in the Windows' language)
  2. Generate all *.css again (check the file dates and make sure they are just generated),
  3. Upload the .css files to your site,
  4. Press Ctrl + F5 in your browser to make sure the newly generated *.css files are loaded by the browser.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

1. Did you try to use some specific font for your language?
  2. What is the language of your Windows? As said above, if your Windows is not English, make sure you input the decimal point in the Windows' language.
  3. Press F12 in your browser, go to the Network panel and see if your font is properly loaded, or if there are any error message.
  4. Check the font setting of your browser, make sure font size is not enlarged or reduced.
  5. Check your project's generated adminlte.css under the "adminlte" folder, make sure it is just compiled during script generation. If your setting is "0.875", you should find font setting like: --bs-body-font-size: 0.875rem;.

mrlux
User

Post by mrlux »

After F12 I see only:

Request URL: http://localhost/tehrem_2023/css/font-size:%201em;?v=19.9.9
Request Method: GET
Status Code: 403 Forbidden
Remote Address: [::1]:80
Referrer Policy: strict-origin-when-cross-origin

--bs-body-font-size: 1rem always in adminlte.css under the "adminlte3" folder and not change after change font-size in HTML -> General

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

mrlux wrote:

Request URL: http://localhost/tehrem_2023/css/font-size:%201em;?v=19.9.9

You have CSS file name like "font-size: 1em;". It seems you have wrongly entered "font-size: 1em;" as the "User stylesheet" under HTML -> Styles. You better double check your settings. You may open your project file in a text editor and search for "font-size: 1em;", see where you have set it.

If you any third party extensions which may change the stylesheets in the layout.php, you should remove it.

The font size setting should be set under HTML -> General -> Size (rem) (as shown in the screenshot in the docs).

arbei wrote:

Check your project's generated adminlte.css under the "adminlte" folder, make sure it is just compiled during script generation.

You should see "Compiling adminlte.css..." during generation. Check the date time of the adminlte.css after generation.