Show Master and multiple detail tables in one page

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
philmills
User

Show Master and multiple detail tables in one page

Post by philmills »

I have a master table containing basic student data (name, class etc)
I have 3 detail tables containing extended data from different personnel regarding the student (class teacher, subject teachers, support staff)
I need to create something like a report card which combines together the data from the 3 tables into one page.
Something like this view from tutorial

But i have multiple detail tables, and I don't want them shown in tabs but rather one table below the other.
How can I do that?

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

You may use Multiple Master/Detail, see:

philmills
User

Post by philmills »

I have that already. The problem was:
i have multiple detail tables, and I don't want them shown in tabs but rather one table below the other.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

Then you can only customize the generated code or add JavaScript code to rearrange the HTML.

philmills
User

Post by philmills »

I discovered that when exporting to pdf the tables are already below one another.
This is fine for what I need, just need to format the output a little.

Aburajeh
User

Post by Aburajeh »

Philmills
Hello

any update for solve its ?!

Thank you

philmills
User

Post by philmills »

No, I haven't looked at this again, because the PDF export is fine for what I need.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

You may simply display Master/Multiple-Detail tables simply by including the detail tables name in the URL, and remember to disable Multiple detail tables option from Table setup of your master table, if you don't want to display each detail table separated in each Tab control.

For example, from the demo project, you may simply type this URL from your browser:

http://localhost/demo2024/ordersview/10251?showdetail=orderdetails,order_details_extended

It will show you both Order Details and Order Details Extended detail table below one to each other. To print it, then you may simply click on Printer Friendly (Export to Print) menu above the page.

philmills
User

Post by philmills »

Can Multiple detail tables be disabled for View only?
I would like them to be available in list via the preview extension, but when using printer friendly view, the tables would not be in tabbed form

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

I don't think so.

The closest approach for your case is to separate between the Printer Friendly version page and the normal Master/Detail View page. You may create a link in the normal Master/Detail View page to point out to separate Printer Friendly URL version.

philmills
User

Post by philmills »

I think that soluton is good enough for me.
I'll try to get that working

Aburajeh
User

Post by Aburajeh »

Its work , but

1- PDF export with arbic litters as "?????"

and

2- Detail tables splite evrey one new page not one page.

philmills
User

Post by philmills »

About the pdf export, see this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=58899

About the detail tables splitting, see this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=54937