List Icon with new Bootstrap (3.3.2)

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
jack2lombre
User

List Icon with new Bootstrap (3.3.2)

Post by jack2lombre »

Hello

I am using ListOptions Events to put an icon on a new choice on the list.

public void ListOptions_Load() {
// Example:
var opt = ListOptions.Add("new");
opt.Header = "xxx";
opt.OnLeft = true; // Link on left
}

public void ListOptions_Rendered() {
var Body = "<a href='MyPage.cshtml?ID=" + ID.CurrentValue + "' target='_blank' title='MyTtitle'>";
// What works
// glyphicon glyphicon-print
// Body = Body + "<span class='glyphicon glyphicon-print ewIcon'></span></a>" ;

// Not working
// glyphicon-scissors
Body = Body + "<span class='glyphicon glyphicon-scissors ewIcon'></span></a>" ;
ListOptions["new"].Body = Body ;
}

glyphicon-scissors icon is not showing. Just no icon at all. Using glyphicon-print (or anyone in the source package) works fine, but not a new one.

As glyphicon-scissors is not in the packaged version of asp.net maker 12, I tried the last update of bootstrap found here : http://getbootstrap.com/getting-started/#download

I used bootstrap-3.3.2-dist.zip to update aspx120.zip : bootstrap folder (with css, including bootstrap.css, fonts, including new glyphicons-halflings-regular.ttf, and js), and themes/bootstrap folder too in case of need (not sure).

In the new bootstrap.css I found, as expected :
.glyphicon-scissors:before {
content: "\e226";
}

After generating, I checked the files to be sure : fonts, css are the new update version. Everything seems correct.

But still, glyphicon-scissors icon is not showing. Just no icon at all. Using glyphicon-print works fine, but not a new one.

I missed something, can you help me ?

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Download https://github.com/twbs/bootstrap/blob/ ... icons.less and replace C:\Program Files (x86)\ASP.NET Maker 12\themes\bootstrap\glyphicons.less.

jack2lombre
User

Post by jack2lombre »

Arghh

Thank you very much for your quick answer !

But that was already done (my post : "and themes/bootstrap folder too in case of need (not sure).")

So I reinstalled Asp.net maker v12 and just change again :

• aspx120.zip : bootstrap folder (css, fonts [including glyphicons-halflings-regular.ttf 45Ko instead of 41Ko], js)
  • as you said : C:\Program Files (x86)\ASP.NET Maker 12\themes\bootstrap\glyphicons.less.

Still the same : no icon.

Regards.

jack2lombre
User

Post by jack2lombre »

Ok my bad :(

Last test with a syntax error "<span class='glyphicon .glyphicon-scissors ewIcon'>"
remove the "." and everything works fine : <span class='glyphicon glyphicon-scissors ewIcon'>

Thank you very much for you efficient help

By the way : on chrome, still not displaying : ctrl+f5 (clearing your cache) and everything is perfect !

Best regards