how can i add inline copy in master details

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
hanash20
User

how can i add inline copy in master details

Post by hanash20 »

hi there, i would like to add inline copy in master details page, can u guys advice me ? thank u

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Just enable "Inline Copy" from "Table" setup of the detail table. Please read "Tutorial - Master/Detail" from PHPMaker Help menu for more information and example.

hanash20
User

Post by hanash20 »

hi mobhar, this is only work with single post, it is not working with master details page, i am having a grid add in master details so i couldn't enable inline copy in there.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

I just tried from my side, and it works properly.

Let's say from the demo project that provided by PHPMaker, I enable "Inline Add" from "orderdetails" table, then after regenerating all the script files, I could see the "Inline Add" button above the Detail grid as shown from the following Master/Detail page:

orderdetailslist.php?showmaster=orders&fk_OrderID=11089

and when

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

And when I press "Inline Add" button, the URL will turn to:

orderdetailslist.php?a=add

and the next page will be shown still in the "Master/Detail" layout, too.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Similarly for "Inline Copy", then the URL of Master/Detail page will turn into, for example:

orderdetailslist.php?a=copy&OrderID=11089&ProductID=3

hanash20
User

Post by hanash20 »

hi mobhar, i am talking about "master/details add", i have three different tables which lined to one master/details page, when i press master/details button i can only add inline add, but not be able to inline copy or inline edit.

thanks for your effort

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Currently "Master/Detail Add" does not support "Inline-Edit" and "Inline-Copy".

I think it's funny if you want to implement "Inline-Edit" for "Master/Detail Add" page, because you are still be able to edit all the existing rows in the grid details before save all the changes.