MSSQL access from linux box

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
kreous
User

MSSQL access from linux box

Post by kreous »

Hi,

Is there no way to use phpmaker scripts in a linux box if it is necessary access SQL Server, even with installing Microsoft® SQL Server® ODBC Driver 1.0 for Linux (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=29065)???

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Unfortunately, PHPMaker has not supported yet for using ODBC to generate and access the database. I don't think you can access MS SQL Server database from your web server under the Linux operating system. Moreover, ADODB library that being used by PHPMaker to access MS SQL Server database only supports to run in web server under Windows operating system.

The only of my experience that I have been implementing is to generate the scripts using MySQL as the main database so that the generated scripts can be run on web server under Linux, afterwards, I have been also including/incorporate my own scripts that using "php_mssql" PHP extension to access MS SQL Server database from Linux. This trick is working fine until now.