Advance security can't change user level field

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
playstorm
User

Advance security can't change user level field

Post by playstorm »

before 10.0.1 I use static user levels and set Uselevel "Manager" that's can change uselevel field for his user etc. Guest,Default etc. But now only Administrator userlevel that's can change Uselevel field .

How can I fixt this?

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Only administrators can manage User ID and User Level in user table, it has been always this way, version is irrelevant. As explained in the help file (see Security Settings): "Even you enable all permissions for an user defined User Level, the User Level will NOT become same as the Administrator User Level. User defined User Levels will not have the permissions to manage users."

If you want to allow non-administrator users to change the user table, you need to create a view from the user table and let the users to access the view.

playstorm
User

Post by playstorm »

Thanks a lot.

Alanjr
User

Post by Alanjr »

From what I have read, MYSQL views do not support indexes. Is this true? If not, what is the syntax to create a a primary key?

I have tried this:
ALTER TABLE vw_users
ADD PRIMARY KEY (user_id)

But I get the error: vw_users is not BASE TABLE

Alan

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

As the error message said, you cannot add primary key to the database view. However, you can define the primary key for that database view from PHPMaker side. Do it from the "Fields" setup of PHPMaker.