How to customize color on checkbox items?

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
amiens80
User

How to customize color on checkbox items?

Post by amiens80 »

hi,

i tried to search an example in the demo to explain, but i can't find a demo where checkbox are used in the demo.
So i explain :

i have a basic category table:

id, name, color (with color picker extension)
------------------------------
1 red #FF0000
2 black #000000
3 white #FFFFFF

and a basic car table:

id name colors (color is checkbox field):
---------------------------------------
1 volvo 1,2,3
2 ford 1,3
3 lada 2

in my car list, i have a color column which displays multiple values for colors (depending of what is checked in the checkbox).

is there a way to display the category name in color font depending of each one ? i want to write RED in red color font ,BLACK in black, and WHITE in white color font. (like system tag with color)

I know i can use the server script in ListOptions_Rendered to change the color font of each value, but i can't have access of the color field value !
with $this->car_colors->CurrentValue , i have a value like "1,3" and that does not indicate the color.... so i'm stuck !

so is there a way to perform such colored checkboxes item ?

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

You may try Option Template.

amiens80
User

Post by amiens80 »

i just tested it.

it did not workd.
first i tried :
<span class="text-info" style="color:{{:df2}}">{{:df1}}</span>
i see the text color turned to blue for all item
then i tested this (put the value in the tooltip on item)
<span class="text-info" title="{{:df2}}">{{:df1}}</span>
and this second works fine , so i guess the style tag is forbidden in the Option Template ....

Moreover, it works only on edit view (and search view) , not on view list...
in list page, the column items are not colored and the display-field2 are showed...

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

Your attributes are wrong. If you use class="text-info", the span tag is already colored (see Bootstrap Colors). You should remove it if you want to use style attribite.

amiens80
User

Post by amiens80 »

you are right.

<span style="color:{{:df2}}">{{:df1}}</span> works (edit view and search view , not in viewlist page) . i did not need "text-info" . i thought it was the default.

amiens80
User

Post by amiens80 »

it is ok, i managed to make it (a system color tag by checkbox options). each record can now be selected with multiple color items, like tags in common CMS content.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

Option Template is designed exactly for users to customize options by own HTML/CSS themselves.