No selected parent filter will empty child SELECT elements

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
Genius_Boy
User

No selected parent filter will empty child SELECT elements

Post by Genius_Boy »

hello
How can I broken link parent filter in advanced search.
When I use ADD form, this feature is very usefull. but when I use advanced search, child field no show any value (for example for radio elements), until parent field select.
U suppose we have 2 field BRANDS and MODELS (that models are child of brands). Now if my visitor want search one model, he force to select brands, for able select model. And he can't jest enter model model.
One reason is when we set SELECT button for this filed in ADD form, we can't use TEXT for those in ADVANCED SEARCH form.
2th reason is force in parent filter that we can't broken it in ADVANCED SEARCH form.
Anyone come up with a way to solve this?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

The behavior of Dynamic Selection List should be the same between Add Page and in Advanced Search.

Genius_Boy
User

Post by Genius_Boy »

for above reason it may not same together.
I think visitor have right for search model without select barnd.
:-?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Then you should disable the Dynamic Selection List for such case.

malsonique
User

Post by malsonique »

I am not sure if it is possible to implement or not, but I think the ideal approach to the dynamic selection should be:

1. choose according to the order "parent, child";
  2. user can choose an "orphan" before a parent field is chosen;
  3. in the above case, user chose a parent, AND:
    3.1. if the child field has relation with the parent, then the system returns respective result(s);
    3.2. if the child field has NO relation with the parent, then the child field should be empty, and the system narrows down the options of child field for user to select;

any ideas?