produce standard code which can be later managed without this tool

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
amukh
User

produce standard code which can be later managed without this tool

Post by amukh »

I was looking for a simple code generator tool to bring down development time and effort, and ASP.Net Maker appeared to me as a very nice option. But we don't want to produce a code that depends on that code generator tool forever, i.e. in future, I'd expect if I get one ASP.Net developer from marker, then he/she should be able to deal with this code, make further enhancement and or alter features etc.
i.e. I am looking for code generator for sure but something which will produce 3rd party independent, fully customizable/standard code which later can be managed without the limitation of using this code generator tool.
Could you please suggest, if ASP.Net Maker is such a tool?

MichaelG
User

Post by MichaelG »

The generated code is independent of ASP.NET Maker, you can compile it with .NET 6 only. However, if you want to change the project frequently (e.g. add some tables and/or fields), it will be much easier if you still have the ASP.NET Maker project and just sync with the database and generate scripts again.

amukh
User

Post by amukh »

Hi @MichaelG
Thanks a lot for your answer. Okay, that sounds great to hear that it can be compiled outside as well without ASP.NET maker.
So I guess you are saying - ASP.NET Maker will Produce "3rd Party class libs free and copyright free code which is as good as developed from scratch by developers using Visual Studio etc."? If that's the case - I'm exactly looking for this type of tool. Is there any product documentation etc. where the above is mentioned before we proceed to purchase? - By any chance, if anyone can point me there, please!

MichaelG
User

Post by MichaelG »

To open the generated application with Visual Studio, you should:

• Open your project and generate
  • Open Visual Studio 2022
  • Click File, Open, Project/Solution...
  • Navigate to the root folder of the generated application, select the project file (<project>.csproj) and click Open to continue