Failed to generate adminlte.css

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
pumuckl-online
User

Failed to generate adminlte.css

Post by pumuckl-online »

Hello
After updating to version 2024.9, I receive the following error message when generating:

adminlte3 (folder) generated
Copying css (folder)...
css (folder) generated
Compiling adminlte.scss...
Error: Failed to generate adminlte.css
node:internal/process/promises:289
            triggerUncaughtException(err, true /* fromPromise */);
            ^
sass.Exception [Error]: Can't find stylesheet to import.
2 | @import "variables"; // Bootstrap + AdminLTE variables in temp folder
  |         ^^^^^^^^^^^
  '
  themes\adminlte.scss 2:9  root stylesheet
    at Object.wrapException (C:\Users\thoma\AppData\Roaming\PHPMaker2024\node_modules\sass\sass.dart.js:2166:43)
    at _EvaluateVisitor1._evaluate0$_loadStylesheet$4$baseUrl$forImport (C:\Users\thoma\AppData\Roaming\PHPMaker2024\node_modules\sass\sass.dart.js:94280:19)
    at _EvaluateVisitor1._evaluate0$_loadStylesheet$3$forImport (C:\Users\thoma\AppData\Roaming\PHPMaker2024\node_modules\sass\sass.dart.js:94309:19)
    at _EvaluateVisitor__visitDynamicImport_closure1.call$0 (C:\Users\thoma\AppData\Roaming\PHPMaker2024\node_modules\sass\sass.dart.js:96589:17)
    at _EvaluateVisitor1._evaluate0$_withStackFrame$1$3 (C:\Users\thoma\AppData\Roaming\PHPMaker2024\node_modules\sass\sass.dart.js:95729:25)
    at _EvaluateVisitor1._evaluate0$_withStackFrame$3 (C:\Users\thoma\AppData\Roaming\PHPMaker2024\node_modules\sass\sass.dart.js:95735:19)
    at _EvaluateVisitor1._evaluate0$_visitDynamicImport$1 (C:\Users\thoma\AppData\Roaming\PHPMaker2024\node_modules\sass\sass.dart.js:94227:19)
    at _EvaluateVisitor1.visitImportRule$1 (C:\Users\thoma\AppData\Roaming\PHPMaker2024\node_modules\sass\sass.dart.js:94201:17)
    at ImportRule0.accept$1$1 (C:\Users\thoma\AppData\Roaming\PHPMaker2024\node_modules\sass\sass.dart.js:100089:22)
    at ImportRule0.accept$1 (C:\Users\thoma\AppData\Roaming\PHPMaker2024\node_modules\sass\sass.dart.js:100092:19)
Node.js v20.11.1
Error: Generation completed with error(s), please scroll up (if necessary) to check error(s).

The error occurs in all existing projects and also in a new project.

Can someone help me?

Thomas

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

You may try:

1. Close PHPMaker 2024 application,
  2. Delete phpmaker2024 sub-folder under this location: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\
  3. Try to run PHPMaker 2024 application again.

pumuckl-online
User

Post by pumuckl-online »

Now I have also uninstalled PHPMaker 2024 and deleted the C:\Users\thoma\AppData\Roaming\PHPMaker2024 directory. However, I still get the same error message.
Best regards
Thomas

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

Make sure you have write permission to the temp folder (i.e. C:\Users\thoma\AppData\Local\Temp). (By default you should have if you log in Windows as the user "thoma", or are you using some kind of virtual machine so you don't have permissions?)

pumuckl-online
User

Post by pumuckl-online »

The computer is a normal laptop with only one user, no virtualization. I have all permissions for the folder C:\Users\thoma\AppData\Local\Temp and I have now also deleted all subfolders of Temp. Unfortunately, the error message remains. On my second laptop (version 2004.6) I can create my project without any problems (same project file).
Best regards
Thomas

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

If you have write permission, then you might have some non utf-8 characters in the CSS variables so the file cannot be generated, are you using a non utf-8 font name?

You may re-select a theme under HTML -> Theme to reset the CSS settings.

You may also open your project file in a text editor and check all the "ThemeXXX" settings, remove all non utf-8 characters. You may even remove all "ThemeXXX" settings, then re-open the project file in PHPMaker to set the theme again.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

In addition, make sure when you install PHPMaker, you have already chosen Run as administrator.