Enable search using a lookup table for a varchar fields

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
thalassa3003
User

Enable search using a lookup table for a varchar fields

Post by thalassa3003 »

Hi,

I have a table codes with the columns id (primairy) and code (string/varchar)
The table uses a lookup table for the description of the code with the table descriptions and the columns code, description, with the link field code and display field description

Now I would like to be able to search (quick/extended) on the codeslist-page using the description from the lookup table, instead of the codes.code.
I tried using the option 'Allow sort/search' in the 'Lookup table'-settings. But this seams not to be possible when for a field of the type 'varchar' (message 'Allow Search/Sort does not support lookup table filter' on enabling this option).

Is there another way how to enable the search (quick/extended) using a lookup table for a varchar fields?

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

thalassa3003 wrote:

I tried using the option 'Allow sort/search' in the 'Lookup table'-settings. But this seems not to be possible when for a field of the type 'varchar' (message 'Allow Search/Sort does not support lookup table filter' on enabling this option).

The message says it does not support lookup table filter, not that it does not support varchar type. You should remove the lookup table filter, or create a database view (with the lookup table filter) and then use the view as lookup table.