An empty Custom Field disrupts the page layout

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
latolap
User

An empty Custom Field disrupts the page layout

Post by latolap »

I’m currently facing an issue: when I create an empty Custom Field with the intention of populating it later with code in the Row_Rendered section, the list page displays a blank area (on the right of the main table) that is significantly wider than expected. This issue is particularly problematic in the mobile version.

Custom Field: c_report (c_report/Report/Leave expression empty)

Row_Rendered: $this->c_report->ViewValue = "Link";

I utilize this method to incorporate links, buttons, and other functionalities unrelated to the database into the rows of my tables.

Could you provide any suggestions on how to rectify this problem? Thank you

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

You may also Inspect HTML element and check what make the area wider than you expected.

latolap
User

Post by latolap »

The table, the header and footer are fine, but when you scroll the page from right to left, on mobile or if your table is wider than your browser window, it doesn’t stop at the end of the body, it goes further to the right. I already tried to inspect this, but I couldn’t find what is causing it to be wider (nothing is selected in the white part).

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

latolap wrote:

Custom Field: c_report (c_report/Report/Leave expression empty)

Your info is insufficient to determine. Did you mean it only occurred after adding the custom field?

latolap
User

Post by latolap »

Yes, it only happens when I add an empty custom field (I don’t enter anything in the expression field). I did another test, if I start with my table in full screen, so it’s shorter than the browser window and then I reduce the browser window then the table turns out to be wider than the main-header, this always happens only if I have an empty custom field, when I remove it instead it’s fine.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

Did you set the ViewValue on conditions? If so, the original value might be wide due to unexpected value of the custom field without expression. You may try set the expression as '' (empty string) to limit the original value.

latolap
User

Post by latolap »

Did you set the ViewValue on conditions?

What do you mean?

You may try set the expression as '' (empty string) to limit the original value.

This is made automatically by phpmaker when you create an empty custom field

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

Did you set the ViewValue on conditions?

That means you might have set some rows with very long string (not just "Link") so the original HTML was wide.

You may remove the Row_Rendered server event to test, or remove the conditions (e.g. PHP if) if any. Post your complete code of Row_Rendered server event for discussion.

latolap
User

Post by latolap »

At the moment I'm using a test setup, and I've tried with an empty "empty custom field" (nothing in row_rendered) and the row_rendered in the first message, and i have the same behavior.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Did you add the Custom Field to the Table or Report object? Which one?

latolap
User

Post by latolap »

I've added the custom field in table and views, ive not tried in reports

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

I cannot reproduce the issue. My empty Custom Field is working properly.