HREF Field

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
lfernandes
User

HREF Field

Post by lfernandes »

I have a form where I perform a file upload to the folder, in this form I created a field called "Filename" of type nvarchar (255)

The formatted text preview tag does not display the field as a hyperlink to the file. Regardless of configuration, files are always presented on the list page as embedded files.

how should I proceed to display the file name with a hyperlink for download on the list page?

MichaelG
User

Post by MichaelG »

Please make sure that you have set up the field as File Upload field (Edit Tag = "FILE"). Read:
https://phpmaker.dev/docs/#/fileuploadfolder.html

lfernandes
User

Post by lfernandes »

Well, the problem is right there, I followed all the configuration steps and even choosing to display the field file using the formatted text, the list page presents the embedded files instead of the filename with a link, follow the configuration steps:

1. I selected the database table and clicked on the "File Name" field of type (unicode) (adVarWChar) Size(255).

2. In the Edit Tag panel, I clicked the File Upload icon to select Edit Tag as "FILE"

3. In the file name field option I indicated the field

4. In the preview tag I chose to display the field file using formatted text.

Note: According to the documentation it would be enough to display the field as a hyperlink to the file.

As it had no effect, I still tried to change the Hyperlink settings.

Result: List Page presents the embedded files instead of displaying the field as a hyperlink to the file.

I'm using ASPNETMAKER version 2021.0.9

what am I doing wrong?

MichaelG
User

Post by MichaelG »

If the uploaded files are PDF files, you need to uncheck Tools -> Advanced Settings -> Embed PDF documents as well.

lfernandes
User

Post by lfernandes »

Ops!!! I really hadn't checked the advanced settings. It is now working as expected. Thanks!!!