view form perms issue if not allowed to view table

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
sticcino
User

view form perms issue if not allowed to view table

Post by sticcino »

on a master form, we've modified the view record option to display the record in a master/detail view

this view hast 5 detail tables
but the user does not have permission to one of the tables, in this case nothing is displayed and kicks back to the home page

this is the code.
someview.php?showdetail=client_docs,leads,opportunities,calls,notes,client_policy_payments&id=1000022

in this case, the user doesn't have access to the opportunities table at this time. ( i tested by removing that table and the form displayed....)

is there an alternate method to call the form so the system knows not do display the tables without permissions?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

The closest approach for your case is keep giving your end-users the permission to display the "opportunities" table, then you may simply use "Recordset_Selecting" server event in order to restrict/hide the records in that table.

sticcino
User

Post by sticcino »

yah, agreed, or I was also thinking i'll build the string using CanView() for each of the tables...

thanks,