Proper Location of DB and PHPMaker File

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
JoeB7774
User

Proper Location of DB and PHPMaker File

Post by JoeB7774 »

Hello,

I've been testing phpmaker out for the past few weeks (thanks by the way for this very cool software) and I was just wondering if the DB and the PHPMaker file should be stored in the same directory where the php files will be generated. I have the db and the oh-maker file on my C:/ drive but the web server sits on a different drive. I notice each time that I re-generate my files, the records in the database disappear (Im assuming because PHP Maker overwrites/copies my DB (Im using MS Access for a test) to the root directory and overwrites the previous copy that was on there. When I decide to go live should I make sure that the live copy of the database resides in the root directory?

Thanks,

Joe

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

You should not put the original database in your website. You can specify the database path (under your website) for PHPMaker to copy your database to. to See the topic Database Setup > Microsoft Access in the help file.

JoeB7774
User

Post by JoeB7774 »

I was able to find what I was talking about. I will give this a shot.

http://www.hkvforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34043