Multiple Linked Tables

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
JoeB7774
User

Multiple Linked Tables

Post by JoeB7774 »

Hello. I am using PHPMaker to display equipment maintenance history. I display the Equipment with associated work orders and items under the work orders. I can get PHPMaker to expand on each pice of equipment but I can not get the work orders to expand to show the individual work order items. Heres what I've done so far...

Under the 'equipment' table, I have created relationships to the 'work orders' table. I have also connected the 'Work Orders' table to the 'Work Orders Items' table. The 'Equipment' Table has 'Multiple Detail Tables' checked and each one of the tables has 'Master/Detail View' checked. Cant figure out what else Im missing. Any ideas?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Please do not get confused with "Master/Multiple-Detail" and "Multiple Linked Tables". If you mentioned "Linked Tables", then we will think it about the "Linked Tables" feature in PHPMaker.

So, did you mean this is about Master/Multiple Details? If so, is the relationship amont those table as follows?

equipment -> work_orders -> work_orders_items

JoeB7774
User

Post by JoeB7774 »

My apologies. You are correct. I am referring to Master/Multiple Detail and the relationship you entered is correct: equipment -> work orders -> work order items. When I generate the php information and go to the equipment screen, I am able to expand to the work order level but there is no 'expand' button for the work orders to see the individual items under each work order. I have used the magnifying glass (view detail) for the work orders instead as a work around. Not what I'd hoped but it does work.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Unfortunately, PHPMaker does not support to display more than one level Master/Detail in a page. You need to do one more "click" again in order to go to the second Detail level, and so forth.

JoeB7774
User

Post by JoeB7774 »

OK. Thanks for clearing that up for me.