Master lookup filter not reset the child value

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
muttou
User

Master lookup filter not reset the child value

Post by muttou »

Hi i m facing the issue once master lookup filter change it doesnt change the value / reset the child selected field.. in my case child filed is filtered by the selection of master lookup as default behavior of maker. but child with selected value doesn't change by parent. kindly suggest me in this regard.. i have made couple of tried using the jquery /maker offered JS API like

$(this).fields("child").value(""); its not working................... thank .. kindly suggest the way .. thanks once again

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Did you mean you want when user select a value from dropdown control in master table that uses Lookup Table, then the related dropdown control in detail table that uses Lookup Table, too will be populated based on that selected value in dropdown control of master table?

muttou
User

Post by muttou »

Yes this is the case and child field also auto fill the other filed in form.. now this is the case when select the master and change the value.. child not reset and remain in previous selected state and generate exception.. like below

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'af0' of undefined
at Object.p [as success] (ewp15.js:5)
at u (jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2)
at k (jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2)
at XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous> (jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2)

not reset with this code even in master change event too $(this).fields("child").value("");

thank you for your prompt response again,
Regards

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Please try "Dynamic Selection List" feature; read "Tutorial - Dynamic Selection List" topic for more info and example.

muttou
User

Post by muttou »

thank you for your response. yes its workable now as per the direction. thanks alot once again

muttou
User

Post by muttou »

one more need to know.. using this way is not applicable for multiple child fields.. its working fine against 1 child field but for multiple its again not resetting. thank you for your guidance again.