multiple forms from one table

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
ryansyt
User

multiple forms from one table

Post by ryansyt »

Is it possible to create multiple sets of CRUD forms for 1 table? I would have different presentations of data forms for the same table basically.

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

I would have different presentations of data forms for the same table basically.

You can create database views for the table.

You can also use Custom Template to rearrange the fields in your own way. Read Custom Templates in help file for more detail.

If not what you want, explain in detail what you try to do.

ryansyt
User

Post by ryansyt »

I am thinking in terms of data views for different user targets such as management vs employee data, where some fields might not be desirable for persons out side of management or supervision to consume.

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

where some fields might not be desirable for persons out side of management or supervision to consume

You can use FieldVisibility's extension to hide the field for different user level (assume you setup User Level security, if not read Security Settings in help file for more detail) if you are registered user. Click Tools -> Extensions -> FieldVisbility and read the notes in the bottom to understand the usage.