Edit/Delete not working

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
dvandenbossche
User

Edit/Delete not working

Post by dvandenbossche »

Version 2017.0.5

I included a new empty table in the project.
I can add records to the table, but when i click on edit, nothing happens and after a time the message 'no records found' is given.
The delete button is also not working. Same error message.
What could be wrong?

kirondedshem
User

Post by kirondedshem »

for such an error check the following:

1.MOST IMPORTANTLY: ensure your table has a primary key at db level and that it ticked as the primary key field in filed settings of that table. coz even if a table has no pirmary key set you can still add to it but when editing and deleting it makes sense to target a given record hence the application can not allow you to edit unless you have specified a primary key field for that table, it always auto detects it if set at a db level but if not then tick it in field settings manually. Aftr that regenerate the scripts.

1. If the form is using modal dialog, disable it first coz a modal dialog will fail if the page its calling has some errors or unhandled exceptions and problem is modal dialog will not tell you what failed, so disable it and regenerate and try to access the page normally.

2. If the above dont yield results then inspact the edit link to see how it looks that will give you some hints why its not working, its should look something like "mysitename\mytablenameedit\PRIMARY_KEY_VALUE".

dvandenbossche
User

Post by dvandenbossche »

Thanks for the answer.
The key consisted of 2 fields, one of which was a date / time field. Apparently it is not possible to use a date / time field as key. It functions without using this field as a key.