Master Table with multi Detail Tables

ghasembaghi
User

Master Table with multi Detail Tables

Post by ghasembaghi »

• suggestion #1:
    it is very good feature that user can edit a master record with it's own detail records
    but it's very better if user can edit a master record with all of it's details records
    and i suggest every detail editing section appear in a separated tab.

• suggestion #2:
    if i have a chain master/detail table i can edit all chain in one page
    for example: category>product>subproduct

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

#1 is already supported by Multiple Master/Detail in v10, see Table Setup in the help file.

xoxide102
User

Post by xoxide102 »

I have a Customer Relation Manager I built.

All customers are used to create quotations separate table

All quotations have attachments, notes, micro quotes, comparative bidders all associated with the mater key of the quotation

creating a complete report in print format from the customer level all the way down in a single report is difficult if not impossible from all my attempts YET you can see the information in the form of Master Detail information and expanded containers.

So why can't we print all that relational data as an option

Print report based on master record association and relationships

ghasembaghi
User

Post by ghasembaghi »

i find master table with multi detail tables in table setup.
tnx, it's very good.
but how can i arrange "Detail tabs" after master tabs (master table has its own tabs("Multi-Page"))?

xoxide102
User

Post by xoxide102 »

well the current solution is to prepare your data before reporting

however as a result you get data you dont need or want on your reports

now the custom reports could work IF you were allowed to do it for multiple sets of relative data but that only works on output to excel or exports etc.

I want to display information a different way

we need a way to create a report based on master and MANY children when values match ..

reporting as it stands right now is based on single tables for the most part not multi on the fly report generation or compiled reports.

MASTER
--- CHILD 1
--- CHILD 2
--- CHILD 3
--- CHILD 4

display specific information from MASTER then report details you need from related children without having to create a master JOIN between 5 tables would be desirable at this point

I had a programmer once develop the code to do so and i had posted it here (thinking it would be safe) from about 7 years ago .. and its gone.