Record locking option

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
emrh
User

Record locking option

Post by emrh »

Hi ,

I have problem with same time record updates , If two users working on the same record at the same time , who saves last , the previous record updates changes according to last update in every filed " how can i avoid it ?

br ,

digitalphotoworld
User

Post by digitalphotoworld »

If you are using mysql as database, use InnoDB as engine. InnoDB is slower (if you have big tables)

If you didn' want to use InnoDB you have to write your own logic to lock your records.

emrh
User

Post by emrh »

1: Yes im Using InnoDB for 240 filed / 5000 record . Which DB engine good for it ?
2: Is there and option in PHPmaker that i can edit each field on the edit page seperatly , not the all fields .

danielc
User

Post by danielc »

emrh wrote:
2: Is there and option in PHPmaker that i can edit each field on the edit page seperatly
, not the all fields .

Are you mean the Multi-Page feature? You can group your fields in different pages and enable for Edit page. See Field setup in help file.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Also see Table Setup -> Edit -> "Check Conflicts" in the help file.

emrh
User

Post by emrh »

Webmaster wrote:
Also see Table Setup -> Edit -> "Check Conflicts" in the help file.

thx for the answers , this option was the answer of my question i have fixed it .

Is there any option like only single field update where you changed something from the while edit page ( like from 25 filed) ? Because when i have edit/update some record im seeing from the "audittrail" that all fields gets updates (even empty fields ) and audittrail records increasing by the empty filed updates .

danielc
User

Post by danielc »

Audit trail will keep track of any check in value. So, if you have only update one field, the record will show the modified field with old and new value.

emrh wrote:

Is there any option like only single field update where you changed something from
the while edit page ( like from 25 filed) ?

• Are you mean multi-update feature? See field setup in help file.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Audit Trail only logs the modified fields.