Master Detail Add - No Photo Add Button

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
psptpr98
User

Master Detail Add - No Photo Add Button

Post by psptpr98 »

when using master detail add, my detail table contains a photo option, it does not give option button to add photo in the grid of the master detail entry form area.

Also why do all fields show in the grid of the detail section even though I have them set to show only certain fields which works when I use the single form to add records.

Thanks

danielc
User

Post by danielc »

master/detail add/edit is in list page.

In order to hide the detail table field, need to set in Page_Load server event in List Page of detail table:
if ($this->CurrentAction == "gridadd") // master/detail add
$this->YourDetailTblField->Visible = FALSE;

So, are your photo field appear in list page?

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

1. Please elaborate: psptpr98 wrote:

it does not give option button to add photo in the grid of the master detail entry form area.
Did you mean it only does not work in Master/Detail-Add (but works in normal Add page)? Did you mean you don't see the "Browse..." button? Blank in the cell? Any JavaScript error in browser? etc.

1. Detail grid page is actually generated from the List page template (supporting Grid-Add/Edit), it uses the fields for the List page. You can use server event to hide fields (see above post), or you can change the fields for the List page and re-generate just the *grid.php.

psptpr98
User

Post by psptpr98 »

Ok let me explain it this way.

I am using master / detail button for add but no photo upload option is available for photo.

But if I just add directly to detail table the option for photo upload is available. I am using blob fields to contain the photo data.

The upload photo works when I go directly to the form but does not work when I try to add the master record with the detail records under it.

Thanks

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Webmaster wrote:
Did you mean you don't see the "Browse..." button? Blank in the cell? Any JavaScript error in browser?

Open the page in your browser, check error console (e.g. Chrome, press F12, click "Console"), see if there are any JavaScript errors.

If you are a registered user, you can also send your files to support: http://www.hkvstore.com/phpmaker/support.asp.

psptpr98
User

Post by psptpr98 »

Yes Im sorry for the confusion, no "browse" to locate the image. Also the Blob Field is not even visible, but its set to be in the add column of project settings.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Webmaster wrote:
If you are a registered user, you can also send your files to support: http://www.hkvstore.com/phpmaker/support.asp.