Are Multiple detail page tabs not searchable?

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
Satrapo
User

Are Multiple detail page tabs not searchable?

Post by Satrapo »

Hello,

I've a master table with 3 detail table.

I've set "Multiple Detail Tables" for the master table and "Master detail views (as detail)" for the detail tables.

The view page of the Master Table shows the 3 tabs with the detail tables as expected BUT:

• In the detail-tab there isn't the search field (the detail tables has search enabled and if I open one of the detail_tableList page I see the search field and can perform regular searches)
  • All the detail records are listed in the tab. For example if one of the detail table has 100 record they are all listed in the tab and the record per page settings is ignored. (Here too if I open the detail_tableList the record per page setting is applied)

Thanks!

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

1. There is no searching feature for the multiple detail tables only.
  2. There is no paging feature for detail tables in Master/Detail-View page, all detail records for the current master record will be shown.
  3. However, there is paging feature in Detail Preview (in the List page), the Preview extension has an advanced setting "PageSize", see readme of the extension:
    PageSize - The page size of detail table. Default is 0 (unspecified). If unspecified, all detail records will be shown without pagination.

Satrapo
User

Post by Satrapo »

Thanks for your reply.

I think searching and paging features would be very useful. If the detail table has a lot of records the Master/Detail-View can be ugly.