Menu includes deleted view

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
danilo.macri
User

Menu includes deleted view

Post by danilo.macri »

Hey guys,
I have a problem with phpmaker2024.
I noticed that in the menu of my little program there is the item "viewprova" which referred to a view that no longer exists in the database.
If I inspect the database "viewprova" it doesn't exist, not even in the list of phpmaker tables/views.
if I create a "viewprova" view directly in the database and then synchronize with phpmaker it responds that there have been no changes to the database but in fact I don't see "vewprova" in the phpmaker views.
if I create the view directly in phpmaker it tells me that the view already exists but I still don't see it in the list on my left.
How do I fix my project file?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

You may open your .pmp (PHPMaker Project) file by using Text Editor application such as Notepad++, and check the following code (assume you're using MySQL database):

<Table TblName="viewprova" TblType="VIEW" TblGen="1" ...>

Did you see that code?

danilo.macri
User

Post by danilo.macri »

Thanks, it worked.

daveb
User

Post by daveb »

I have a similar problem - many extra entries in the Menu Editor that I can't delete. Most of them came from a v2018-v2024 update including many from old PHPReportMaker11 entries. Can I simply remove the <Menu ... /> code?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

You may try it, and make sure you have already backup your project file just in case there are some issues happened.

daveb
User

Post by daveb »

Worked fine. The menu items are the last entries in the pmp file, so I moved my old menu items to the bottom and then just used notepad to delete them