Can't generate reports

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
SilentNight
User

Can't generate reports

Post by SilentNight »

After updating to 2024 from 2023, I can create reports but when generating the site the new reports don't show up as options to generate. After generating the site Generate becomes unticked on them.

As a side note since upgrading I've had Warning: Class "PHPMaker2023\[projectname]\[someclassname]" does not exist errors during generation even though the site still finishes generating.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

1. Make sure the base table/view for the reports are valid. If they are not valid (e.g. wrong SQL in views), the reports will become invalid also.
  2. Delete all files from your project folder and then generate all scripts again, do not mix old and new scripts from different versions.

SilentNight
User

Post by SilentNight »

Make sure the base table/view for the reports are valid. If they are not valid (e.g. wrong SQL in views), the reports will become invalid also.

Checked the View and any tables the View is based on. All good there. But sadly I still can't generate reports.

Delete all files from your project folder and then generate all scripts again, do not mix old and new scripts from different versions.

This got rid of the error messages during generation thank you.

SilentNight
User

Post by SilentNight »

Found the issue. The issue is that the chart the report was based on had spaces in the name.