Buttons (links) to detail tables disappear with setting 'Multiple detail tables'

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
thalassa3003
User

Buttons (links) to detail tables disappear with setting 'Multiple detail tables'

Post by thalassa3003 »

Hi,

I'm using PhPMaker v2024.7. I have a page list (master table) and 7 related detail tables.
On list page of the master table I have the buttons (links) to navigate to the detail tables.

Now I want to have the 7 tabs (navigations to each detail table) visible on the top of the list page of each detail table. To do so I have enabled the setting 'Multiple detail tables' in the 'Table Options' settings of the master table.

However after I enabled this setting and generated all files, the buttons (links) to the detail tables on the master table have disappeared from the list page.

So am I doing something wrong?

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

thalassa3003 wrote:

To do so I have enabled the setting 'Multiple detail tables' in the 'Table Options' settings of the master table.

When you enable 'Multiple detail tables', since it is multiple, there is only one link to Master/Detail-View (and/or Edit/Copy) in the List page. In the Master/Detail-XXX page, all detail tables are displayed as tabs by default.

thalassa3003
User

Post by thalassa3003 »

That clears things up! Thank you for the explanation.

So when the option 'Multiple detail tables' is deselected, the buttons of all the detail tables are visible on the master-list page.

However when I open one of the detail-list pages, no tabs are displayed. The debug or log does not show any errors.
Should I enable a setting (in the detail table) to get the tabs displayed?

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

If you use Dynamic User Level Security, make sure the user has Add/View/Edit permissions to both the master and all the detail tables. Also make sure the you generate all scripts again.

thalassa3003
User

Post by thalassa3003 »

I'm not using Dynamic User Level Security.
Just to make sure I logged in with the Super Admin account and generated all files again.

Still the tabs are not visible on the detail-list pages.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

Make sure you enable 'Multiple detail tables' for the master table, not the detail tables.

thalassa3003
User

Post by thalassa3003 »

I generated the table WITH 'Multiple detail tables' for the master table (not the detail tables)
I generated the table WITHOUT 'Multiple detail tables' for the master table (not the detail tables)

I both scenario's the tabs were missing on the details list pages

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

thalassa3003 wrote:

the tabs were missing on the details list pages

Note that the detail table tabs are in the Add/Copy/View/Edit page of the master table (e.g. if the master table is "orders" and detail table is "orderdetails", the multiple master/detail are shown in ordersadd, ordersview, ordersedit), not in any pages of detail tables (e.g. orderdetailsxxx).

If problem persists and you are a registered user of v2024, you better send your files and other required info to support for testing.