Dynamic User Level + User Level ID Security

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
amneo
User

Dynamic User Level + User Level ID Security

Post by amneo »

I am using Dynamic User Level along with User Level ID (record level) Security.

Scenario:

From the the PHPMaker example: an EmployeeID field is restricting the record to the desired Employee. Which is a default feature of PHPMaker

What I want to Do:
Without changing the Parent User ID , I want to allow few employees (Lets say group Managers) to change the ownership of the row level record by selecting Other EmployeeID from a drop down thus changing owner of that record from their own EmployeeID to somebody elses (Lets say anybody in group teammember).

Having done above the Managers should still be not able to list, view edit the record of other employees once EmployeeID has been changed.

Summary:
I want to use UserID security and allow some users to change the record belonging to them to somebody else and after change should not be able to list , edit or delete the record. However be able to add the record for others EmployeeID.

What I have tried:
In the target page I simply made the EmployeeID field a lookup dropdown to the users record table but the dropdown does not show other employee id In edit page or add page.

Would anyone suggest any way to achieve this.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

You may simply create a Database View based on that all Employees, and then use that Database View as your Lookup Table.

amneo
User

Post by amneo »

Apparently a new problem has presented itself if the user is not reporting to this individual PHPMaker internal security is preventing assignment like below in add page

The current user (3) is not authorized to assign the user ID (6).

However it works like a breeze for the edit and even multiple edit and update page

Any pointers?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

Because it was prevented by the User Level ID Security rule. If you want to allow that User ID to be chosen, then you need to change his/her Parent User ID to the current logged-in user.