Migrate from ASPMaker to PHPMaker

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
crash
User

Migrate from ASPMaker to PHPMaker

Post by crash »

How do I migrate from aspmaker to phpmaker? I keep getting this error. I've downloaded and installed all the required files.
This is on access database.

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\xampp\htdocs\phpmaker\*****.mdb;com_exception: Source: ADODB.Connection
Description: Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed. in C:\xampp\htdocs\phpmaker\adodb5\drivers\adodb-ado5.inc.php:116

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function Execute() on boolean in C:\xampp\htdocs\phpmaker\adodb5\drivers\adodb-ado5.inc.php:280

Can anyone help pls.
Thanks

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

crash wrote:
Description: Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.

You need to install PHP COM, see: https://www.php.net/manual/en/com.installation.php
As of PHP 5.3.15 / 5.4.5, this extension requires php_com_dotnet.dll to be enabled inside of php.ini in order to use these functions.

See the topic Database Setup > MS Access in the help file.

crash
User

Post by crash »

Thanks, I've done all that.

I now have a new problem. After seeing that if I do not create a new project, but simply import my old aspmaker project did work.
Yesterday I did this and got to my project no errors.
Today I opened the same project and get this error

Composer generated autoload.php does not exist. Make sure you have run "composer update" at the destination folder on your development computer and uploaded the "vendor" subfolder.

I did no alterations. Could there have been automatic changes that moved the folder.
Do I need to regenerate composer?

crash
User

Post by crash »

It seems that it was a matter of setting the permissions for the folder. It has now created and generated the project.
The initial problem still exists, but for now asp maker file open in phpmaker is good enough.

My new problem is putting the site on my server.... I get this error.

Microsoft Access is supported on Windows server only.

Any help please.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

You cannot use MS Access on Linux server. Since you migrate from ASP, you better migrate your database to other databases supported by Linux server (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) also.

crash
User

Post by crash »

I am trying to migrate from aspmaker to php maker.
I've converted my access database to sql, I need to run on Linux and Linux does not allow access

I have opened my old aspmaker project in php maker. Now when I connect I lose all my settings I had in Aspmaker.
I
Is there any way I can keep the settings from aspmaker?
Thanks

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

crash wrote:
Is there any way I can keep the settings from aspmaker?

Unfortunately, no. You need to do customization from scratch in PHPMaker project side.