Scroll sidebar with Content

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
ross_t
User

Scroll sidebar with Content

Post by ross_t »

I am using PHPMaker 2019 and currently the sidebar has slimScroll attached to it. Instead of having two sidebar bars, one for content and one for left menu bar, I wish to make the Sidebar scroll with content. So there will be only one Sidebar and that's the one for entire Window.

I assumed this has something to do with AdminLTE theme, but not able to trace the solution. Can someone please guide me with this?

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

The main reason why the Sidebar has its own vertical scrollbar is because its position is "fixed" (not "absolute"). So, if you want to disable the scrollbar on that Sidebar, then you need to override the ".main-sidebar" css class by using the following jQuery code, and simply put it under "Client Scripts" -> "Global" -> "Page with header/footer" -> "Startup Script":

$(document).ready(function() {
$(".main-sidebar").css({"position": "absolute", "top": "0", "left": "0", "bottom": "0"})
});

ross_t
User

Post by ross_t »

Thanks so much!! In addition to the CSS, I also changed the code in ewp15.js to disable slimScroll. It's no more required for Sidebar now.