Auto Update for checkboxes

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
heman1345
User

Auto Update for checkboxes

Post by heman1345 »

I have been try to create an auto update function for check boxes with no success. I have followed the help manual for setting up a auto update but can not get coding to work without an error. Any Help would be appreciated. This would be on an edit form.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Show your workings and the error you got.

heman1345
User

Post by heman1345 »

error on generate: Models\ewevent.cs(66,13): error CS1501: No overload for method 'AutoCheck' takes 1 arguments

Global Code: public static bool AutoCheck() {
return AutoCheck(1);
}

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

heman1345 wrote:
Global Code: public static bool AutoCheck() {
return AutoCheck(1);
}

Your method does not have arguments but it wrongly calls itself recursively with a value. It does/can not do anything at all. Be reminded that AutoUpdate function is supposed to update a field which is not shown in the form (e.g. to update a field with current date), so the checkboxes are not shown in the form at all.

If you meant you want to auto-select the first checkbox, you'd better use JavaScript, read "Server Events and Client Scripts" -> "Client Scripts" -> "Table-Specific -> Add/Copy page" -> "Client Script" in the help file.

heman1345
User

Post by heman1345 »

"Be reminded that AutoUpdate function is supposed to update a field which is not shown in the form (e.g. to update a field with current date), so the checkboxes are not shown in the form at all."

I don't need the checkbox to be shown it is basically a way to change the view being used to see orders.
One is accept order once clicked shows order is in progress
the other on another view complete order to show order is done. and doesn't show up anymore other than in back log.

I would like to have the capability to check checkboxes throughout application in edit forms, but I am not very good at coding at all.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

heman1345 wrote:
I don't need the checkbox to be shown it is basically a way to change the view being used to see orders.

Use Row_Inserting/Updating server event to change the value of the field, see Server Events and Client Scripts in the help file.

I would like to have the capability to check checkboxes throughout application in edit forms, but I am not very good at coding at all.

Simply use CHECKBOX Edit Tag, see Field Setup -> Edit Tags -> Checkbox in the help file.