SMTP Error: The following recipients failed

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHPMaker. Note that this is not support forum.
eayvl
User

SMTP Error: The following recipients failed

Post by eayvl »

Hi, I have installed Xampp and Mercury in My machine(localhost) and in my server.

In my machine(localhost), the emails come out correctly, but from the server marks this ERROR, Why?

SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: email@prueba.com: : Sender address rejected: Access denied

someone help me.

arbei
User

Post by arbei »

The message said that the sender is rejected, so the mail is sent and received by the receiver or the mail didn't send out?

have you tried to send with another sender?

eayvl
User

Post by eayvl »

As I said on my laptop and on the server I have Xampp installed and I use Mercury; it works very well on Laptop, but from the server it sends an error,

I did a test directly from Mercury in ther server and the mail arrives very well.

The Email Settings in PHPMaker v2017.0.7 is:

SMTP Server : localhost
SMTP Server port : 25
SMTP server username :
SMTP server password :
Sender (email address) : ealva@company.com
Recipient (email address) : ealva@company.com
Security :

In Code (Server Events, Client Scripts and Custom Template)

// Email Sending event
function Email_Sending(&$Email, &$Args) {
//var_dump($Email); var_dump($Args); exit();
return TRUE;
}

But it throws this error from the server:

The following From address failed: ealva@company.com : MAIL FROM command failed,Shunned connection - only the QUIT command will be accepted. ,554,SMTP server error: MAIL FROM command failed Detail: Shunned connection - only the QUIT command will be accepted. SMTP code: 554SMTP server error: MAIL FROM command failed Detail: Shunned connection - only the QUIT command will be accepted. SMTP code: 554

I do not know why.

mobhar
User

Post by mobhar »

eayvl wrote:
it works very well on Laptop, but from the server it sends an
error

It means, your production server does not support the SMTP for sending an email. Try using "mail" native function instead of "smtp". Usually, almost all web server supports native mail function, but not smtp.

In addition, Google "mail vs smtp".

eayvl
User

Post by eayvl »

Thansk mobhar, the problem was in Xampp and Mercury.