New Report Maker project from PHPMaker (v11)?

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of PHP Report Maker. Note that this is not support forum.

New Report Maker project from PHPMaker (v11)?

Postby WABez » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:01 pm

On the page: "What's New in PHP Report Maker 11", right at the bottom under the "more" section, the following is mentioned:
"Option to create new PHP Report Maker project from PHPMaker project"

What is meant by "Option to create new PHP Report Maker project from PHPMaker project", and how is this feature used?

I have just installed PHP Report Maker 11 (licensed version), and started looking at some of the features. This intrigued me, can you perhaps explain please?
WABez

Re: New Report Maker project from PHP Maker (V11)?

Postby kirondedshem » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:26 pm

I am also puzzled on this as I thought I meant there is a new menu option where instead of creating a php maker project by connecting to the database, you can amybe just locate the phpmaker project file and It would easen some of the work for you or something like that but i cant find any menu options or any more info on it in the help file, i would like an explanation as well
kirondedshem

Re: New Report Maker project from PHPMaker (v11)?

Postby Webmaster » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:41 am

That means you can open PHPMaker project in PHP Report Maker to create a new project of PHP Report Maker without setting up from scratch. Click Project -> Open..., change the file extension, select your PHPMaker project.
Webmaster

Postby kirondedshem » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:50 pm

Brilliant, just brilliant guys, Ive just tested it a little and I like it
-got to report maker 11 click open
-click the drop down for what project type to open, then choose from any of the ones available.
After this it will load all the ifled settings, captions and other settings, security settings, advanced settings, gloabl server events avialble like global code, page head etc etc
This makes it easy to start doing report amker projects since i dont have to setup the project from scrath since if i know ive setup these things in another project i just have to locate it And it can also locate report maker projects from other languages like asp report maker and ASP.NET report maker.

I advise using this as it will save you like 70% of the work in report maker projects
kirondedshem

Postby kirondedshem » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:41 pm

For anyone Interested, I dont think it was mentioned in tier respective change logs but
Ive looked at PhpMaker and ASP.NET maker 2018 and I see they also have this functionality as well. So it will come in handy
kirondedshem

Postby WABez » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:49 pm

WELL DONE to the team on adding this absolutely valuable functionality. As Kirondedshem already mentioned, I have also tested it and this is simply awesome in saving time setting up projects. I LOVE THIS! Thank you to the team.

Now for adding one more feature to this, and that is to synchronize PHPMaker projects and PHP Report Maker projects after changes to the database, so you only setup field settings once and then synchronize the two projects.

I would like to reiterate what Kirondedshem said (quoted below):

kirondedshem wrote:
> Brilliant, just brilliant guys, Ive just tested it a little and I like it
> -got to report maker 11 click open
> -click the drop down for what project type to open, then choose from any of
> the ones available.
> After this it will load all the ifled settings, captions and other
> settings, security settings, advanced settings, gloabl server events
> avialble like global code, page head etc etc
> This makes it easy to start doing report amker projects since i dont have
> to setup the project from scrath since if i know ive setup these things in
> another project i just have to locate it And it can also locate report
> maker projects from other languages like asp report maker and ASP.NET
> report maker.
>
> I advise using this as it will save you like 70% of the work in report
> maker projects
WABez

Return to General Discussion (PHP Report Maker)