Custom printout

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
dire
User

Custom printout

Post by dire »

Hello
I need to make printout of custom invoice, what are options?
I try with report but there are no options for editing?
Table with editing custom template as described in help->Custom Templates?

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

Table with editing custom template as described in help->Custom Templates?

Yes, use Custom Template. Try to write your code first (follow the example as a guideline).

dire
User

Post by dire »

ok,

I choose custom file (example 3) is there any options to get data from table into page? in example is writen only fixed sql.

dire
User

Post by dire »

ok,

i solved problem by bulding view with required fileds and custom templaes.

juvat
User

Post by juvat »

I have done the same.

Is there a way to utilize Master Record Page > CustomTemplate from a View when printing a record on a table? I have a view that will print out my invoice the way I want it, but I'd like to be able to use this format after creating a new record in my invoice table. The format is perfect when I use the printer-friendly export option, then select Print from the browser menu, then I select the Print as PDF

I have found a way to create two views that have the information that is used to create a printable invoice. The first view has the top portion (company info,logo, customer info, invoice #, invoice date, invoice due date, and total $), and the second view has the detail items (qty, product,note, price per unit, total).

VIEW2 (master):
Date: current date Company Logo

Company To: Customer
Address Contact
City, State, Zip Address
City, State, Zip
Phone Phone

Invoice # Invoice Date Due Date Total $

VIEW2 (detail):
Qty Product Price/Unit Total $
Note

juvat
User

Post by juvat »

I was able to add View1 to my Invoice table in the Master-Detail section. So when viewing the detail of a Master-Detail record, there is a link at the bottom called Print Invoices (the name of View1). Now if I could only associate that with the printer friendly button on the master detail page.