auto generate json API

netenken1
User

auto generate json API

Post by netenken1 »

IOT are more and more well in the world , so the API also getting more and more important...
Is PHPMaker planning to add "Auto create API" function ?

I am planning to do the job with reading phpmaker XML project file, and Auto generate the RESTful style JSON API for my other client using...
But If PHPMaker planning to do this, How wonderful PHPMaker is it ...^_^

gdewey
User

Post by gdewey »

I vote for that one.. Having a api to consume the information would be like so nice :)

perci100
User

Post by perci100 »

I had to create all mine from scratch and every time I make a change its such a pain to update everything, with the size of my application its getting so time consuming I cant keep up. Secure API with Keys would be AMAZING!

andyrav
User

Post by andyrav »

+1

rdt333
User

Post by rdt333 »

Are there any plans to include GraphQL with PHPMaker?

btrade
User

Post by btrade »

+1

edersamaniego
User

Post by edersamaniego »

+1

WABez
User

Post by WABez »

I absolutely vote for this too. Since most of the "features/functionality" are mostly already in PHPMaker, this should be a "fairly easy" addition that will make things so handy, especially on large projects (as someone already mentioned). Generate the JSON API's to a sub folder under the project folder (i.e. project/api), with Secure API with Keys and viola!

This could mean a lot for us users of PHPMaker in terms of time savings, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add the JSON API feature.

wandschrank
User

Post by wandschrank »

+1

ghasembaghi
User

Post by ghasembaghi »

+1

out project have a rest api for conectiong from other application
for example for table 'user' we have an api for adding/deleting/editing/listing user

i suggest to add a 'Auth_code' field to 'user' table.
when an external application call api with his own aut_code, befor generation output, auth_code should be checked and if user have access to this action, then contiue to output

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

PHPMaker 2018 now supports json output for list page. Use <Table>list.php?cmd=json&<search_parameters> to get the json output. <search_parameters> is the default extended search parameters when you enabled extended search / advanced search.

netenken1
User

Post by netenken1 »

So is that return all the fields in that table ?
Or just return the fields we've "checked the field in <List>" in project

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

REST API implemented in v2019.