iTextSharp and MessagingToolKit Error

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
rpwt
User

iTextSharp and MessagingToolKit Error

Post by rpwt »

I tried to build a very small ASP.NET application (2 tables from SQL Server 2012) using IIS Express and Browse after generation, but ran into an error "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\IISExpress\config\applicationhost.config not found." I've tried reinstalling ASP.NET Maker and IIS Express with admin privileges. I installed the community edition of VS2013. No luck.

I then downloaded the demo (after running it on your site). It complained first about the iTextSharp DLL missing. I picked it up from the SourceForge site (sourceforge.net/projects/itextsharp/files/) which got rid of hundreds of errors. However it still complains about version errors (below) and missing the MessagingToolKit.

Errors from demo build:
Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 4.0.30319.34209

for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework 4.5
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

aspxfn12.cs(9458,9): warning CS0612: 'iTextSharp.text.html.simpleparser.IImageProcessor' is obsolete
aspxfn12.cs(6471,4): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'MessagingToolkit' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
aspxfn12.cs(6471,49): error CS0103: The name 'MessagingToolkit' does not exist in the current context

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

iTextSharp is for pdfexport extension and MessagingToolKit is for Barcode and QRCode Custom View Tag. Read the notes when you setup the Extension and/or Custom View Tag, see Tools -> Extensions and Field Setup -> Custom View Tag in the help file. As explained in the notes, due to license issues the DLLs cannot be included in the extension or Custom View Tags, you do need to download them from the developer's website yourself. Also read "Third Party Tools" -> "iTextSharp" and "Barcode and QRCode" in the help file or here: http://www.hkvstore.com/aspnetmaker/doc/thirdparty.htm

"C:\Users\<username>\Documents\IISExpress\config\applicationhost.config" is a file created by IIS Express when it is first started. If not found, IIS Express may not be installed properly. Try reinstall: http://www.iis.net/learn/extensions/int ... s-overview

rpwt
User

Post by rpwt »

I did see the instructions to obtain copies of these other-licensed libraries. I did download what I thought was the current version of iTextSharp but got the "obsolete" warning.

I guess I was suggesting that what is delivered "out-of-the-box" for a demo of ASP.NET Maker should work without a lot of changing of parameters. After I downloaded your demo I did nothing to ask for PDF creation or QR/barcode libraries to be required. This must have been in the package that was downloaded.

I'll fiddle some more and probably de-install IIS Express and ASP.NET Maker and try another installation. I like what you have done over the years and am just now getting back into the .NET world so I'll plug along.