Adding Google Maps to View Pages

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
GSA
User

Adding Google Maps to View Pages

Post by GSA »

G'day Guys,

I was wondering if I can get some assistance with adding Google Maps to a view page, long. lat and elev are available as row records on the table.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Just enable Google Maps for View Tag -> Custom View Tag for the particular field.

GSA
User

Post by GSA »

Fantastic, it all worked well.

I have a question regarding the API key?

When I don't have an API key listed google maps work, when I do have an API Key listed google maps do not work??? any ideas??

Also when in viewing child records from related tables (with tabs visible after expanding the record) the google maps do not display, any ideas?

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

You should always get your own API key. Please read the note under the Google Maps Custom View Tag.

GSA
User

Post by GSA »

Fantastic thanks,

I should have scrolled down to start with..... it now works with the API key and it was because I had embed API enabled and not JavaScript API enabled in Google.

I still have an ongoing issue with viewing child records from related tables (with tabs visible after expanding the record) the google maps do not display, any ideas?