How to integrate a razor (web pages) website

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
Andros
User

How to integrate a razor (web pages) website

Post by Andros »

Hi, I'm building my first project with ANM2018 & .Net Core.
I have an old project: a public website razor based (vbhtml web pages) with a cms developed with ANM12 (same razor-webpages technology): they two are hosted on the same iis folder and all it's ok.
Now I want to convert the cms to ANM2018, but I don't want to modify the website (which remains in old razor-webpages technology). They share a "public" folder for images and the mysql database. The server is Windows server 2016 with IIS.
What's the best practice to do this? I create in IIS a "site" for the website and an "application" for the .net core cms? and a virtual folder for the shared "public" folder? Any experience on this scenario?

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

VB and ASP.NET Web Pages (now called Razor Pages) are not supported by ASP.NET Maker 2018. You should open your v12 project in v2018 and re-generate the whole site as ASP.NET Core 2.0 MVC in C#. If you have server events (or any other custom code) in VB, convert them manually to C# first.

Andros
User

Post by Andros »

I know this, thank you. My question is how to deploy a mixed scenario on IIS: the public website is still in "old" razor web pages, while the cms is with asp.net core.
What's the best practice to do this? I create in IIS a "site" for the website and an "application" for the .net core cms? and a virtual folder for the shared "public" folder? Any experience on this scenario?