Master-Detail Page - Export Error

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
juvat
User

Re: Master-Detail Page - Export Error

Post by juvat »

While trying to use the following export options (Excel, Word, PDF) on a master detail page, I get this error "Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Only the Printer Friendly option is error free. Any idea on why this error appears?

This error does not appear after completing or editing a master-detail record. If you view a master detail record then the error appears.

To see if it was my project that was causing the "Error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object." , I decided to try the online ASPNETMAKER Demo that is available and tried the (http://www.hkvstore.com/aspnetmaker/dem ... gorieslist ) Categories List Master-Detail page. When Clicking on the Master/Detail View, then clicking on any of the Export options (except Printer Friendly) the error appears.

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

Try to enable the option "Detail record count" for Master tables (click [Table] -> [List Page] -> [Detail record count]). Regenerate the files and try again.

juvat
User

Post by juvat »

Thank you. That does seem to make the error disappear. Now if I can get the PDF export to "Print" like if I were to print using the Printer-Friendly option.

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

Now if I can get the PDF export to "Print" like if I were to print using the Printer-Friendly option.

I do not see that there is such option. You need to open the pdf file after export and print.