Faster synchronization for all tables

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
cheemingyong
User

Faster synchronization for all tables

Post by cheemingyong »

Right now i am encountering speed issues as i have more than 50 tables in my database schema
when i tried to synchronize the database.

I only need to use 5 tables out of the 50 and I was wondering if there's a faster way to synchronize
as the asp.net maker actually reads all of the tables for synchronization when it should only
synchronize those tables that I want to be generated.

this actually affects the time i spent on development

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

You can use the feature "Dynamic Table Loading" before pressing "Connect" button. Read Database Setup -> Dynamic Table Loading in help file for more detail.

cheemingyong
User

Post by cheemingyong »

hi i tried what you told me and it give me a warning saying that if i continued all current settings will be lost

and after i clicked on connect, all my tables are deselected from the database panel
is there something i am doing wrong ????

cheemingyong
User

Post by cheemingyong »

hi i think your correct answer should be to right click on the table from the database panel and
choose synchronize table / view
i believe this is more appropriate for most of the developers using the ASP.NET maker
we normally make changes to one table at one time then we sync instead of so many tables at one go

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

You can use the feature "Dynamic Table Loading" before pressing "Connect" button.

Maybe, it is not very clear for the above statement that pressing "Connect" button only if you start a new project. If you read the help file, you need to enable the option "Dynamic Table Loading" when you start a new project (not existing project).