IIS 502.5 Error

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
mchpis
User

IIS 502.5 Error

Post by mchpis »

HI,

I am trying to get ASPmaker.NET working on a Windows 2012 R2 sever with IIS 8.5 installed.
I have installed all the pre-requisites as suggested on the download page. I am able to create a test project and generate the code to the local servers inetpub\wwwroot\blade (blade being the project)

After generating the code I browse to the sites URL and I receive an IIS 502.5 error.
In the event application event log on the server I see this:
Log Name: Application
Source: IIS AspNetCore Module
Date: 4/26/2017 11:18:41 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: xxxxxxxxx
Description:
Application 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/DEFAULT WEB SITE/BLADE' with physical root 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\blade\' failed to start process with commandline '"%LAUNCHER_PATH%" %LAUNCHER_ARGS%', ErrorCode = '0x80070002 : 0.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="IIS AspNetCore Module" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-04-26T18:18:41.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>1795</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>xxxxxxxxx</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Application 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/DEFAULT WEB SITE/BLADE' with physical root 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\blade\' failed to start process with commandline '"%LAUNCHER_PATH%" %LAUNCHER_ARGS%', ErrorCode = '0x80070002 : 0.</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Doing some googling I see some mention of the Launcher_Path and Launcher_Args needing to be something other then a variable possibly.
I am stuck on this any help would be appreciated.

motfs
User

Post by motfs »

If you use IIS, make sure you have published the project (not just generate scripts to destination folder). Also read "Generate Settings" in the help file. Also,

1. Enable the option "Enable ASP.NET Core stdout log" (click [Tools] -> [Advanced Settings] -> [Enable ASP.NET Core stdout log])
  2. Regenerate the files again to check again for web.config.
  3. if the variable is not replace, manually replace as:
    processPath=".\AspNetMaker2017.exe" arguments=""
  4. Read publish to IIS (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet ... ishing/iis) and search "process failure" to follow the steps to trace the actual error