Load Control File Failed

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
raymueller
User

Load Control File Failed

Post by raymueller »

What does the error message "Load control file failed. please check if you are using the correct template."

I setup the demo application using the steps in the readme file.

Set the correct connection information

Received the error dialog window.

Performed update template function under tools - OK

Deleted the cache - no difference

What did I miss?

Thanks
Ray

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

If you have customized the template, make sure you have customized properly, read Customizing Template in the help file. If not, click Tools -> Delete Template Cache and try again.

raymueller
User

Post by raymueller »

I did not customize the template however I did delete the template cache which solved the problem.

Thank you
Ray

developermct
User

Post by developermct »

Hi! I'm in the same situation. I've downloaded the demo/trial, and I didn't modify the template. I tried this solution of deleting the template cache, but I still get this error. After I delete the template cache, it asks me "do you want to keep the existing files in the template folder or overwrite from the zip file", it doesn't matter if I click "keep" or "overwrite", I then get the "Load Control File Failed" error.

I'm very interested in using this system, but I need to get it to work and do a proof of concept before I purchase. Thank you so much for your time!

developermct
User

Post by developermct »

I tried the same on my laptop and got the same result. I tried running AspMaker as an administrator and then it worked.

Thanks!