Build failed error MSB4019

This public forum is for user-to-user discussions of ASP.NET Maker. Note that this is not support forum.
holdera
User

Build failed error MSB4019

Post by holdera »

Hi I am very new to asp.net maker and asp.net in general. I have gone though the Help tutorial to get setup and the asp.net hello work command line project builds and runs fine as does the sample web app project. It loads a web page like one would expect.

So Then I try to generate my asp.net maker project from sql server. The connection to sql server goes fine and loads my tables. They are few and very very basic at this point. I tried to change as little as possible as the tutorial suggests. When I generate it appeared to finish but for a quick second I could see a build failed message in the little log window, but the window closed by itself very quickly and I don't know how to access this log into elsewhere. I ran generate again so I could screen shot the error. The relevant part says this:

"error MSB4019 The imported project DotNet\Microsoft.DotNet.Props was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk"

I get the same error if I try to open the generated project in visual studio and build from there. If I look at the output directory, there is no bin folder like I would expect by comparing it to the asp.net sample web app project files.

Thanks for any help.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

Make sure you have installed the latest .NET Core SDK 1.0.1 (SDK, NOT Runtime), see system requirements:
http://www.hkvstore.com/aspnetmaker/download.asp

Open a command prompt, type:

dotnet --info

Make sure you are running 1.0.1. If not. check your environment path, read:
http://www.hkvstore.com/aspnetmaker/doc/aspnetcore.htm

holdera
User

Post by holdera »

I have it installed. I went though installation again just in case and it gave me the repair/uninstall options so I did a repair. That didn't help so I rebooted and tried again unsuccessfully.

If I browse to the output folder and execute the build.bat I get warnings about missing Microsoft.DotNet.Props and asks me to check the Path in the Import declaration.

C:\Users\allan>dotnet --info
.NET Command Line Tools (1.0.1)

Product Information:
Version: 1.0.1
Commit SHA-1 hash: 005db40cd1

Runtime Environment:
OS Name: Windows
OS Version: 10.0.14393
OS Platform: Windows
RID: win10-x64
Base Path: C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\1.0.1

holdera
User

Post by holdera »

I made sure I have .net core 1.0.4 runtime installed. (it was not so I installed both 32 and 64 bit). I checked if the problem was solved and it was not. I went into advance settings and 1.0.1 was already selected. My only other choice is 1.1.0 but if I select that, when I try to build it won't even start, it just pops up a window saying:

"The .NET Core version of this project is 1.1 but the version of .NET Command Line Tools on this computer is 1.0.1 for 1.0. Please either install correct version of .NET Command Line Tools or change .NET Core Version of this project in Tools --> Advanced Settings.

Webmaster
User

Post by Webmaster »

It seems that you are using an old UI. Check the date of the file C:\Program Files (x86)\ASP.NET Maker 2017\ASPNETMaker.exe, it should be dated 2017/3/8. If not, download and reinstall:
http://www.hkvstore.com/aspnetmaker/download.asp

holdera
User

Post by holdera »

omg thank you it works! I had downloaded the demo a little while ago and unlike a licenced version I didn't get any update notifications. Especially since I hadn't got around to using it yet. I am sorry I took up your time on such a trivial issue.

Thanks again!